Tuesday 24 May 2016

GEJ speaks from Cote d’Ivoire, denies being on Exile

Former President Goodluck Jonathan called Thisday newspapers yesterday night, denying claims by the media house that he was in Cote d'Ivoire on a self-imposed exile for fear of being arrested by EFCC operatives. Jonathan in the interview said
“Yes I am in Cote d’Ivoire, I have been here for a week resting and this is my second trip to the country since I stepped down as president. I have made sacrifices for Nigeria. I am praised all over Africa for averting bloodshed and for the peaceful transition from one government to another, but it seems Nigeria does not appreciate my efforts. I have done my best for this country and if I have to die for it, I will do so. However, I am taking it easy here (Cote d’Ivoire) and when I am ready, I will come back,” he said

No comments :

Post a Comment